Mid-Week Mentor

Thursday, May 14, 2009

What Sales Managers Need To Know To Win!


Manuscript

Breakthrough Sales Management:
What Sales Managers Need To Know To WIN!


Introduction

I have several biases. One I am a student of Dale Carnegie’s famous book “How To Win Friends and Influence People” I believe in taking the positive approaches with people to a fault in leading greatness. Second, I believe in being intentional and making things happen and do not depend on hope or luck to determine my success or others victories. Although; I do believe, as I heard Arnold Palmer, the world famous champion of golf, say “the harder I work the luckier I get”

Maybe you are having the same challenge I had: as your organization is growing and your sales management team is maturing in their abilities and talents, I began to look for reading resources that would aid their professional development. What I discovered was a lot of material on sales, motivation and management but nothing that pulled all the disciplines together specifically targeted to Sales Managers. Therefore, I took it upon myself to write several drafts over the last 5 year as I flew across country, visiting our businesses. I would pull out my lap top and write about my experiences and thoughts as a personal memo to my Sales Managers. As I flew late at night between State College, Pennsylvania, Detroit, Michigan, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Las Vegas I wrote a lot of words with little order or congruence. Therefore, I asked an English Lecturer from Penn State named Faith McDonald to help with the editing. I am not a writer. I am a speaker; however, I was not confident that the other 200 USAir passengers would have enjoyed my speaking into a microphone at 30,000 feet while they were trying to sleep.

If you are reading this book, most likely you are a Sales Manager and I trust you will read with an open mind and receive the information as it was intended -- not as a management code, but as a helpful guide to your continued succes
s. If you are not in sales management perhaps someday you will be, regardless enjoy!
Would you like to read more of my manuscript? Please post a comment. I would like to hear back from you and as always, please visit our website for more informaiton and for our upcoming training schedule.

2 comments:

CoachingByPeter said...

By knowing your local real estate investing market, you're able to keep your finger on the pulse of your local community and to stay abreast of changes in trends, sales prices and rental rates. Knowing immediately about these changes is critical to your investing future.

Diane Court said...

I would be very interested in reading more of your manuscript. I've heard you speak and am certain there would be much to gain from the insights you share in your book. Please let us know when and how it will be available.